Client web apps and websites
JS is used in office suites Microsoft and Open Office in Adobe applications.
With NodeJS, JS moved from browser to server. Node.JS lets you build IoT device apps, server apps, desktop apps, and more.
Back-end framework ExpressJS helps you overclock your web server and write APIs.
Node.JS provides an excellent runtime environment for running scripts.
In-browser games have grown exponentially with the addition of the HTML5 canvas.
With JS you can create web slide presentations with unlimited web design and interactivity.
Internet of things
Over the past few years, more and more diverse projects have emerged to bind JS and Node.JS with the Internet of Things.
In July 2020, JS became the seventh in the TIOBE index, which is based on search query statistics, and first in the number of pull requests to GitHub in Q2 2020.
- Flexibility - The flexible syntax can handle and accurately execute multiple variations of code. Developed products are reusable, portable, and platform-independent.
- Simplicity - JS uses the DOM, which provides many pre-defined functions for different objects on pages, making it easier to script development for a custom task.
- Rich interfaces - If you need to expand the functionality of a product or create a truly rich interface, JS is great for this purpose. New high-level functions are continually being developed for it; there are many libraries and APIs.
- Delegation - This is a method that allows you to call functions on a specific instance regardless of the hierarchical structure. You can share JS code with no restrictions.
- Popularity and support - JS has one of the largest communities of any programming language, which means your questions will be answered. If you need to hire developers, this is also a big plus since the candidate' pool is large.
- Client security - JS code is always visible and cannot be hidden from competitors or other users which can read the code or reuse it. Accordingly, mistakes and miscalculations can be used for malicious purposes.
- There is no data typing - The language is weakly typed and leaves much more room for errors that can only be detected by running the program.
AngularJS is a framework that makes it easy to create single-page web apps by extending HTML attributes' functionality. It is more complex than React but provides more usable front-end solutions.
NodeJS is an open-source cross-platform JS runtime that comes with real-time reusability and data exchange functionality. Server-side frameworks Express.JS or Meteor make NodeJS web development services the most efficient for various business purposes.
VueJS is a perspective framework that is used to create handsome and structured web pages and single-page apps. Suitable for beginners and anyone who wants to make quality projects in a short time.
Here is a list of the most commonly used frameworks to develop mobile apps for various platforms.
It is a sought-after cross-platform framework using built-in front-end components and APIs for developing user interfaces on various platforms.
It is an open-source Android platform providing 100% direct access to all Android and iOS operating systems' capabilities.
Titanium is a young open-source platform used to write mobile apps for Blackberry, Android, Windows, iOS, and the mobile web which contains multiple platform APIs and cloud services as storage.
Web developers' demand is expected to grow nearly three times faster than any other field between 2018 and 2028.
There are two ways to search: pay for the publication of a vacancy, wait for responses, select among them, and open the search and seek among thousands of profiles with resumes according to suitable parameters. Either way, the first step in the job search process is to write the right job description.
Create an attractive job description
The best option for posting vacancies is forums and social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) programmer exchanges, specialized sites, and freelance platforms (Codementor, Lemon.io, Coding Ninjas) and marketplaces (Upwork, Guru, Freelancer), and directories of trusted professionals. You can also use job boards (GitHub, Stack Overflow, Indeed), since they serve thousands of developers looking for clients.
- DOM and events
- Foreground frameworks
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (PHP, C, etc.)
- Understanding the REST paradigm at an abstract level
- Understanding MySQL / PostgreSQL, AWS, Docker
- Knowledge of TypeScript and desire to learn more
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of TypeScript / CoffeeScript
- Deep understanding of REST and experience in creating RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Angular, React, and other
- Comprehension SOLID Principles and GOF Patterns
- Another programming language
- Knowledge of OAuth and security requirements for internet service.
- 5+ years of experience
Hiring skills front-end and back-end developers
Front-end developers need to know frameworks like Angular, React, Vue, and Web Pack.
Back-end developers need knowledge and experience with NodeJS development services and various databases such as SQL or MongoDB. GraphQL or REST is essential for building APIs, so the engineer must experience one of these technologies.
Check for a technical background
Ask about completed certifications and courses
Ask the candidate the right questions in the interview
Q1: What technologies listed on your resume have you had commercial experience in during the last year and what were your responsibilities?
You can learn more about a candidate's current Java experience, responsibilities, and accomplishments by asking this question.
Q3: Think about an unsuccessful decision you made on a programming project. Why was this a mistake, and could anything have been done differently? What steps have you taken to improve the situation and what have you learned from this experience?
This behavioral question will help you find out how the candidate analyzes his mistakes and what conclusions he draws.
Don't forget about the soft skills
This part of the interview is aimed at revealing interpersonal skills. Questions are never asked directly to shift the initiative to the candidate.
Q4: How long do you hold the grudge? This question can clarify how the candidate ended the relationship with the previous employer and how much the candidate is focused on the present.
Q5: What do you know about the company? This trivial question will help to understand whether the candidate has studied the company and the product, and if they have difficulties in answering, then they do not have enough motivation.
Effective communication is essential to building elite teams and products. Here are some interpersonal skills that candidates should possess:
- Ability to transform project requirements into technical specifications
- Desire to grow both professionally and personally
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to respond to criticism calmly
- Openness and empathy
Seniority has a tremendous impact on the formation of the last paycheck since the United States has introduced a system of additional payments for seniority in the IT field.
- Up to 1 year - 15% of the minimum salary
- 1-4 years - 40%
- 5-9 years old - 20%
- 10-19 years old - 16%
- From 20 years old - 9%
This percentage breakdown is because after five years of working at an IT company, the rate increases significantly and there is no need to reward the employee with large bonuses for seniority.
|Experience||Junior Software Engineer
|Middle Software Engineer
|Senior Software Engineer
|Team Technical Lead
|1 - 2 years||$630 - $800||$1500 - $1600||-||-||-|
|2 - 5 years||$900 - $1000||$1600 - $2000||$3500||$4000||$5700|
|5 - 10 years||_||$2300 - $6500||$3800 - $4000||$5000||$5700|
The median salaries in product and outsourcing companies are almost the same. Whereas outsourcing they are a little lower for specialists of all titles. In different cities of Ukraine, salaries may vary.
Hiring freelancers can be a very cost-effective solution, but try to balance rate and skill level with quality for the economy. Working with remote developers combines the advantages of both models - their rates are usually lower than the salaries of local full-time developers, and their availability and professional experience are the same or even higher.
The difference in developer salaries around the world is huge and depends on the skill level, employment regime, region of residence, and work specs.
- Eastern Europe: ranging from $25 to $50
- Asia: ranging from $18 to $40
- Latin America: ranging from $35 to $70
- Africa: ranging from $15 to $40
Consider a freelancer if:
- Your project is small and requires little ongoing maintenance
- You have a specific task that a freelance developer can handle
- You need a software developer with specialized skills that won't be required for other projects
Many IT companies and a favorable business climate make Ukraine a leading global information technology center and a reliable supplier of experienced personnel for software development outsourcing JS services. There are more than 400 technological universities and colleges in Ukraine, and these educational institutions produce about 25,000 graduates annually, the lion's share of whom become professional developers.
The popularity of outsourcing is due, in particular, to reduced taxation, flexible employment, understandable and attractive working conditions for foreign investors. Those who prefer to discuss project details with hired developers personally should know Ukraine is near Western European countries. And European project managers can fly there to any European capital and other major cities in Europe. For example, a flight from London to Kyiv will take only 3 hours 25 minutes. The flight from Kyiv to New York will take longer, but it is still faster than from Asia.
Access to a global pool of talents
Besides accessing the global IT marketplace, you gain access to a diverse pool of developers with a wide range of development skills and experience and, thanks to the speed of connectivity provided by modern technologies, can take full advantage of their services. Hiring remote developers allows a company to hire qualified remote developers without regard to geographic location and allows them to make money by applying their skills. With constant and effective communication and clear and detailed planning, working with remote developers can be very productive.
Because remote developers are in different cities of the world and in different time zones, at least one member of your team will work on your project. This appreciably reduces the time frame and increases the pace of project development. Remote developers focus less on the hours spent in the office and more on the quality of the work they do.
Having no need to create an office workspace vastly reduces development costs. Thus, it is possible to invest in developing and improving communication, project management tools, and collaboration between the company and the remote development team. Hiring an outsourcing team also means that you can make some adjustments to wages in line with the cost-of-living standards in cities/countries.
Support For Your Team
One of the most important reasons companies employ remote staff is to expand their talent pool. There are many advantages to this: they form different teams and access a wider range of skills and experience across different industries. It's a great way to bring alternative perspectives, perspectives, and ideas to the company.